The importance of oil to the human body
Source of heat:
Equivalent lipids can produce twice as much calories as proteins and carbohydrates (such as starch). It can provide essential fatty acids that the human body cannot synthesize. The proper oil can not only maintain the health of blood vessels and nerves, but also avoid dryness and desquamation of the skin. The body fat is more responsible for fixing and protecting the internal organs. Promote the body’s absorption and utilization of oil-soluble vitamins: A, D, E, K, increase the body’s resistance and disease prevention. It can increase the aroma and satiety of the food.
We should take 2 to 3 tablespoons of oils and fats per day (about 15 grams per spoon), but older people can reduce their intake.
General classification of fats and oils
- Cooking oil: for cooking, containing animal oil and vegetable oil, generally cooking, cold or low-temperature cooking is better with vegetable oil, such as salad oil, olive oil, sunflower oil, etc.
- Salad oil: The grease is subjected to a cooling experiment at 0 ° C for 5.5 hours. It does not produce a general term for crystallization and sedimentation. It is specially used for making salad dressings and cooking, such as soy bean salad oil, corn salad oil, etc.
- Frying oil: It is suitable for animal oil, oil with higher saturated fatty acid, such as palm oil, etc.
- Margarine: The family is used in frying or cream substitutes and is processed in the baking industry.
- Other: special-purpose greases such as chocolate fat.
Oils should be marked
The name and weight, capacity or quantity of the contents; when they are two or more kinds of mixtures, they should be marked separately.
Vendor name, phone number and address. The importer should indicate the name, phone number and address of the domestic manufacturer.
- There must be no other indications or explanatory texts that are exaggerated, untrue or misleading to consumers, or have advertising suspicions such as curative effects.
Oils purchasing principle
- The packaging container is intact and intact.
- The markings are complete and clear.
- Choose products with good product logos such as Orthographic or GMP logo.
- The sales environment is good (for example: no high temperature effects or direct sunlight).
- Never buy bulk oil of unknown origin.
Oils storage principle
High temperatures, moisture or impurities can cause deterioration in the edible oil. Pay attention to its storage environment:
- It should be placed in a cool, dry place without direct sunlight.
- Do not place in a gas stove or other near heat source.
- Close the cap immediately after use.
- When used separately, the container used is dry and clean.
Principle of correct use of oils
Choose the appropriate cooking oil according to different cooking methods.
When cooking, the oil temperature should not be heated until the white smoke is put into the material.
Deep-fried oil avoids intense agitation and reduces the chance of contact with the air.
Stir and fry the material as much as possible and then put it into the pot.
The fried oil should be filtered to remove the residue, used for frying, and used up as soon as possible to avoid frying.
New and old (such as fried oil) oil should be stored separately and should not be mixed together.
When cooking and frying food, the kitchen should be well ventilated and reduce the inhalation of waste fumes.
Do not eat fats with degraded quality
Oils with degraded quality are harmful to human health. Do not eat. The general quality of the oil has the following characteristics:
It has a fuel smell or odor.
The color becomes darker and the viscosity becomes larger.
Smoke is heated when heated slightly, and it is intensely frothed when fried.