A craze has been going around with coconut oil that people are obsessed with. It is versatile and it has many uses. It is commonly used in cooking, replaces other fatty ingredients such as butter, and it has many other applications too. Plus coconut oil is incredibly healthy. Here are some of the uses for coconut oil.
- It has an interesting flavor. This allows confectioneries to add a new flavor element to their baked goods.
- It also works wonderfully as an energy booster that essentially replaces sugar and caffeine.
- Coconut oil makes a good coffee creamer. This coffee creamer element will give you an energy boost if you don’t want to give up your daily caffeine. Plus the taste will be out of this world. A great way to quick start the day.
- It is used as beauty treatments. The natural fat is so versatile and beneficial to you that the uses are almost endless.
- Facial Uses – Coconut oil can be used as a facial hydrator, to remove make-up and to blend wrinkles away. It won’t burn your eyes or your skin and protects it from the sun and skin-cracking wind.
- Wounds – Many antiseptic chemicals that help heal wounds often burn the skin. The oil from the coconut soothes the wound, rash or burn and kills bacteria that could potentially cause infection.
- Hair Remedies – With many products containing many chemicals it’s difficult to find a shampoo and conditioner that won’t strip your hair of all its natural oils. Coconut oil helps to keep the moisture in the scalp. This oil will also help to repair damaged hair thus leaving the strands soft and touchable.
- Homemade Solutions – With this special coconut extract you can create a useful and moisturizing lip balm. The coconut is already stiff so applying it to your lips will be as easy as applying regular lip balm. You can also use it as a shaving cream. Skin irritation is common for many people. A little bit more moisturizer and coconut oil can help to prevent skin irritation and razor burns.
- Other uses include a natural sunscreen, massage oil, insect repellent and a make-up brush cleaner.
Don’t be shy when it comes to coconut oil. The natural elements help many people a great deal whether it is used in cooking as cooking oil or as a beauty treatment ingredient. Because it is a natural ingredient, the chances of your body rejecting it are minuscule.