- the international petroleum energy market is in short supply.
World oil supply constraints have led to soaring international oil prices: oil prices climbed to $40 a barrel in 2003; to $50 a barrel in June 2004; to $60 a barrel in September 2005; to $70 a barrel in April 2006; and to the present day, oil prices have fluctuated, but world demand for oil remains huge. From 2016 to 2018, the world’s crude oil demand was between 95 million and 99 million barrels. Petroleum is a non-renewable energy source. The shortage of oil supply and the soaring oil price are only superficial phenomena. The fundamental reason is that the exploitation of oil is insufficient. The petroleum resources can be formed only after hundreds of thousands of years. The U.S. Department of Energy and the World Energy Council forecast that the exploitable years of global fossil fuels are 39 years of oil, 60 years of natural gas and 211 years of coal, mainly distributed in the United States, Canada, Russia and the Middle East. The shortage of oil resources and the rise in oil prices are irreversible.
- it is imminent to search for new energy sources for environmental protection.
China is a relatively poor oil resource country with only 2% of the world’s reserves. China is also one of the countries with the fastest economic development in the world. The demand for energy continues to grow at a high speed for a long time. Apart from coal supply, oil and natural gas supply can not meet the needs of economic development. The dependence on oil imports is increasing year by year. In 2005, China’s apparent consumption of crude oil reached 299.855 million tons, close to the 300 million tons mark, an increase of 34.9% over 2000. Meanwhile, China’s crude oil imports reached 127 million tons, and its dependence on foreign oil imports reached more than 50%, thus surpassing the United States as the world’s largest oil importer.
- Our province is poor in petroleum resources and has no exploitable petroleum resources. The degree of dependence on foreign countries has reached 100%. In recent years, influenced by international oil prices and transportation, there is often no oil to buy, which has adversely affected the economic development and people’s livelihood of our province. As automobiles enter the household, the demand for petroleum will be increasing. Therefore, the development of biodiesel to replace some petroleum diesel, the market prospect is very broad.
(1) Brief description of process
Crude oil →esterification→Transesterification Separation→Crude ester→Distillation→Arginine→Decoloring → Biodiesel
Under the current national conditions and current oil prices in China, it is not realistic to use food-grade oils as raw materials to produce biodiesel. The cost of waste cooking oils and some industrial oils is relatively low. However, these waste oils usually contain high free fatty acids, so for these waste oils, the acid catalytic method is used first, and then the alkaline catalyst is used for transesterification. Therefore, this process is also called acid base two step process.
The company adopts German technology, the first step with sulfuric acid catalytic esterification reaction, so that the acidity of oil and fat reduced to 2 mg KOH / g, acidic methanol wastewater to methanol rectification tower recovery of methanol, and then to neutralize the second step of ester exchange reaction of glycerin soap. In order to eliminate acid and alkali waste water.
The second step is the alcoholysis of neutral oil catalyzed by potassium hydroxide. After the reaction is completed, the glycerol saponin group is separated by centrifugation. Then the acid solution of the first step is added, and the oil is recovered after neutralization. The remaining glycerol saline is evaporated and concentrated, then cooled and crystallized, and the potassium sulfate is crystallized. After filtration, the salt and the salt are separated. Glycerol can be separated and glycerol can be sold as crude glycerin. Potassium sulphate can be sold as an agricultural product.
Main raw materials, power consumption and sources
- 10 thousand tons / year of waste oil.
- acidified oil 5 thousand tons / year
- other oils and fats 5 thousand tons / year
- methanol 2 thousand and 500 tons / year
- catalyst 200 tons / year
- electricity: installed capacity 200kW, usage 160kW, provided by our factory 250KW transformer.
- water: life, production water, urban tap water 40m3/d
The main pollution sources , pollutants and quantities of the production plant.
The production of biodiesel is carried out in an airtight esterification reactor with little waste liquid, gas and residue discharged. Reaction heating boilers using biogas boiler, will not produce waste smoke emissions, the raw materials used for vegetable oil esters, will not cause pollution, therefore, this production device for clean production, no pollutant emissions, is an environmental protection production device.